Dunston’s Steakhouse has been a Dallas dining institution since it was opened in 1955. Kirk And Associates designed the new steakhouse with a sloping stacked stone tower and lighted cupola. The facades of plaster are flanked with stacked stone set in a watercourse pattern capped with horizontal cedar siding and a standing seam aluminum roof. Three cedar louvered faux windows break up the long flanks. The building is entered under a stacked stone and cedar porte cochere up stained concrete stairs through a ten foot tall red oak and brass door. The entry foyer at the base of the twenty five foot high tower is flooded with natural sunlight from the four foot tall windows in the overhead cupola. The vast 140 seat main Dining Hall is entered through a stacked stone arch and carpeted with a rustic foliate pattern in brown, ocher and oxblood. Ocher mottled plaster walls are augmented with framed art with brass picture lights. The focal point of the Dining Halls is three 'open pit' display cooking stations with the trademark Dunston’s wagon wheel lever to lower steaks into the stone pit over the burning mesquite wood.